The County is planning an upgrade to their MyNevadaCounty web site according to the CEO Weekly News Letter. They are asking for input to the process here. I went to the page and entered my ideas and then hit submit button.
The web page then informed me I had to be signed in before submitting. When I signed in 20 miutes of work and 10 ideas disappeared into the bit bucket. Gone!
I encourage you to submit your ideas, but please sign in first or your are wasting your time. No where on the page does it warn you to sign in first, it just provides a big welcomeing text bloc for your ideas. Do not be fooled. Sign in first.
- The site support all mobile devices, not just iPhone and iPad, including apps to specific functions. Move way brow a browser centric world.
- The Site support iPad and similar pad like devices in formatting and apps to specific functions.
- The Site must have the most powerful search engine possible so I can find what I am looking for in seconds, not minutes and hours. Yes, I have spent hours looking for stuff on the site.
- A blog provision for asking public question of our political leaders. Their e-mail seems to be a black hole, and public questions might bring faster answers.
- Set up a twitter net work to alert citizens to emergencies and then provide a scrolling display of messages for non twitter users, but need access to the information.
- Make provisions for FaceBook users to get emergency messages.
- The new design should not be browser centric, it needs to recognize more citizens are giving up laptops for mobile devices and ipad like devices. These are apps driven devices, not browser driven.
- Consider drop down navigation buttons rather that sidebar navigation.
- Provide more links to community information sources including local blogs.
- More to follow when I remember what I lost on my first attempt.